Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
There isn’t much for me to say about this one apart from ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I started off baking this recipe with the intention of making a ton of cookies but then i figured hey, why don’t I just make one big cookie?
That was it, the next thing i knew all the cookie dough was going in, in one big blob!
Ok so no i didn’t eat the cookie in one go which is a shame; i really had to kick that self-control up a notch.
But what i can say is i didn’t waste any time eating it that i simply didn’t capture the moment.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 150g salted butter softened
- 80g light brown muscovado sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g chocolate chip or chunks of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon. Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Scoop the entire mixture into the baking tray. Bake in the oven for approx 15 mins or until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.
- Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to firm up and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Don’t forget to share your giant cookie with me!